This seasonal workshop is a celebration of the gifts of the plant world. The course includes a miscellany of the following;
• Exploration and study of fresh plant material, including history, folklore and uses.
• Making seasonal health boosting recipes with wild and garden ingredients such as Fruit & Flower syrups, herb oils and butters, flavored and medicinal vinegars, seasonal soups, foraged salads, candied edible flowers and preserves and condiments.
Course also covers
• Making herbal ointments
• Making medicinal infused oils
• Making herbal tinctures
• Exploring remedies for certain ailments
• Drying herbs, roots, leaves, bark and seeds
• Making and using aromatic herbal smudge sticks
• Hedgerow exploring walk with some foraging where applicable
• Health and safety aspects of herb lore
Please bring some empty jars or bottles. Boots and waterproofs recommended.
Your tutor is Kes Clarke