Bushcraft Workshop with the Smooth Gefixt You-tubers
Bushcraft includes knowledge and skills about living & surviving in the forest, nature or wilderness. It’s useful to know when you are hiking or making a worldtrip. Bushcraft is based on using nature, eco-friendly practices, and the principle “The more you know the less you carry” (Mors Kochanski).
The things we will learn & practise:
- Basic skills of using a knife (and Axe)
- Firemaking (several techniques, if enough time also the bowdrill!)
- Sleeping setup in the outdoors (setting up tarp, tarp knots, etc.),
- Cooking on campfire (making a pothanger)
- Woodcarving (carving a spoon, for example)
- Useable treespecies and wild edibles
- (Optional: Cordage weaving from natural fibers)
We are Julius & Dylan from 'Smooth Gefixt' and we make Bushcraft & Survival video's on Youtube (https://www.youtube.com/smoothgefixt). As two cousins, we have both been passionate about the natural world since a young age! After starting off with camping in the back garden and exploring different surroundings, we developed a more wilderness skillset and started recording.
See you at the Celtweekend for some fun in Nature!
Turs: Dylan and Julius.